Roots Autism Solutions is seeking highly motivated candidates for part-time in-home and community based behavior therapy roles throughout Chicago! We are expanding our team of therapists who have a passion for working with children with autism, providing individual therapy, and making significant change. Our therapists have the ability to work independently, take initiative, and think outside the box. If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Behavior therapists provide 1:1 therapy in the client’s home and in the community. Behavior therapists also use the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis, with regular support and training from a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). All therapists utilize software to collect data regarding the abilities and needs of children.
Behavior Therapist Duties Include:
- Providing ABA therapy in the home of the child or in the community per the individual plan of the child
- Collecting data and entering data into software programs
- Collaborating with BCBA related to program updates and changes
- Attending training sessions with BCBA and furthering knowledge of ABA principles and practices
- Traveling to the home or community setting for children
- Attending regular progress meetings with BCBA and family
Behavior Therapist Requirements:
- Ability to travel to and from client home via personal car, and willingness to travel throughout Chicago and the surrounding suburbs
- Experience working with children with autism or other special needs
- Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, social work, special education, or similar field
- Current or in pursuit of RBT certification is highly desired
- Experience in or knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Ability to navigate technology such as, but not limited to: IPads, Google, and various applications